One person was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at an Isle of Wight High Street restaurant on Sunday morning (June 23).

Cowes and Newport crews were alerted to a blaze at a restaurant on Cowes High Street at 4.30am.

Upon arrival, fire crews found smoke logged throughout the ground floor and wore breathing apparatus to investigate.

The fire involved a bag of clothes smouldering towards the back of the property, with one hose reel jet used to put out the blaze.

One casualty was treated for smoke inhalation as firefighters cleared smoke from the building using ventilation fans.

Hampshire and IW Fire and Rescue Service left the scene and returned to station shortly before 6am.