Burnt cooking prompted a call-out for firefighters to Freshwater on the Isle of Wight this morning (Monday).

Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service said it was alerted to reports of a property fire at an address on Brookside Road, shortly after 9am.

An on-call crew from Freshwater attended.

An alarm was sounding, the fire service said.

The smoke was caused by burnt cooking, so further crews who were on their way from Newport were stood down.

Firefighters conducted a home fire safety visit before leaving.

They returned to station following the stop message at 9.38am.