A MAN planned to build a house in Spain with the money he earned from drug dealing, a court heard.

Daniel Sivyour moved to the Isle of Wight so he could use his house in Springford Crescent, Southampton, to grow cannabis.

Prosecution barrister, Charlie Gabb said that the defendant had a "significant role" in a "drugs enterprise", and supplied contacts in Basingstoke, Bournemouth and "further afield".

One of these was even known as the 'Big Big Big Man'.

The 43-year-old, of High Street, Newport, appeared at Southampton Crown Court this week to be sentenced for his part in an international drug-smuggling gang.


He was charged with conspiracy to import and supply cannabis, cultivation of cannabis and being concerned in the supply of cocaine - to which he pleaded guilty.

Defending, Vishal Misra, said his client had lost his leg in an accident and started taking controlled drugs.

"In his own words, he was off his head," said Mr Misra.

Isle of Wight County Press: Daniel SivyourDaniel Sivyour

Sivyour felt as though "his life had spiralled out of his control", the court heard, but he now shows remorse. 

He was jailed on Tuesday for a total of six years and six months.

Two other men were sentenced on the same day.

Eduardo Nunes, 21, of Coxford Road, Southampton was sentenced for being concerned in the supply of cocaine and being concerned in the supply of MDMA.

Andrew Stoner, 22, of Eastbourne Avenue, Southampton, was sentenced for conspiracy to supply cannabis.

They admitted all offences.

All three had been involved in an armed gang led by Stanley Woods, of Imperial Avenue, Shirley, who was locked up six years and eight months on Tuesday.

Isle of Wight County Press: Eduardo NunesEduardo Nunes

Richard Martin, for Nunes, argued his client was a very young man at the time of the offences committed between April 2019 and March 2020.

He said: "He was an immature 18-year-old who had suffered a number of issues in his life not of his own making.

"He readily accepts that he had fallen in with the wrong crowd. A young man in a vulnerable position who had been swept up."

Meanwhile, Khalid Missouri, for Stoner, said he had begun taking cannabis at the age of 15, and at the time of the offence was smoking 3.5 grams a day.

He started selling drugs in order to fund his habit, which he was "too ashamed to admit to his parents".

"He willingly got involved in the chain but he was vulnerable to being exploited," Mr Missouri said.

But he has since reduced his intake of cannabis, although he is still smoking it, and has "completely distanced himself from anyone involved in the conspiracy".

Isle of Wight County Press: The cannabis factory at Sivyour's addressThe cannabis factory at Sivyour's address

Addressing Stoner, Judge Nicholas Rowland said: "I hope you turn your life around.

"What I suggest to you is to stop smoking cannabis. It leads to young men like you appearing in the court, and it rots the brain."

Nunes was jailed for three years while Stoner was jailed for 16 months, suspended for 18 months, and must do 200 hours of unpaid work, and ten rehabilitation days.