THE Hampshire and Isle of Wight Fire Service was called to Nettlestone this afternoon (Thursday) following reports of smoke coming from a residential building.

Two crews from Ryde arrived in Eddington Road shortly before 5pm, having received a call at 4.47pm.

On arrival, they found the smoke to be emanating from a tumble dryer in the building and removed it from the property.

A spokesperson for the Fire Service said: "We were called to the property in Nettlestone and removed the tumble dryer.

"We left the scene at around 5.05pm."