FIRE crews were called to a house fire in Winford this evening (Wednesday) after a faulty tumble dryer caught alight.

Crews from the Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue Service were called to the address on Forest Road at 7.24pm after smoke was sighted.

A spokesperson for the fire service said: "We were called to a faulty tumble driver that had caught fire at the back of property.

"We sent two appliances, one from Shanklin and another from Sandown and a fire officer, crews have dealt with the fire and left at 7.45pm"