A SIX-YEAR-OLD boy has been hailed a ‘little lifesaver’ after directing paramedics to his home after his mum went into anaphylactic shock.

St Mary’s RC Primary School pupil, Oliver Heywood, told the Isle of Wight Ambulance Service call handler where they lived and relayed messages to his mum, Kirsty Heywood, when she suffered a severe allergic reaction after eating some ice cream.

Kirsty, who is allergic to nuts, eggs and seafood and even fruit, had injected herself with an EpiPen and dialled 999, then handed the phone to Oliver — warning him she might fall unconscious.

“He was so brave and calm. My throat had swollen up — I told him I might not be able to talk, and he would have to talk for me,” said Liz Earle administrator Kirsty, 38.

Kirsty’s husband, Adam, 39, was driving home from work — he carries out the maintenance at Ryde House care home — so she and Oliver were alone in the house at Marlborough Road, Ryde.

“When the paramedics arrived they told Oliver he deserved a medal,” said Kirsty.

“You can die from anaphylactic shock. His actions and the EpiPen saved me.

“He is a little lifesaver. We are so proud of him.”

Following the incident on Tuesday evening, Kirsty spent the night at St Mary’s Hospital, Newport, and is now recovering at home.

“I’ve always had allergies, as well as asthma and eczema, so I know how to keep it under control. I’ve only had a few severe reactions, mostly when I was younger,” said Kirsty.

“It has worried Oliver though. He hasn’t wanted to leave my side since it happened.

“Bless him, he has been so brave. He really is amazing.”