MARINE AND COASTAL ACCESS ACT 2009Notice ID: IOW2226184
MARINE AND COASTAL ACCESS ACT 2009
APPLICATION FOR Wight Hoist
Notice is hereby given that Wight Shipyard Company Limited, 1 Britannia Chambers South, Town Quay, Southampton, S014 2AQ has applied to the Marine Management Organisation under the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009, Part 4, for a marine licence to undertake:
At Venture Quays, Columbine Building, Castle Street, East Cowes, P032 6EZ works to construct a new larger capacity hoist dock on the site of the existing hoist dock.
Works will include :-
1. Removal of existing hoist dock finger piers
(i.e. 12No. tubular piles and composite steel and concrete runway beams along with additional fixings such as tendering, safety ladders, moorings etc.)
2. Installation of new hoist dock finger piers
(i.e. 11 No. tubular piles (1016 dia) and 8No, 762dia), precast concrete runway beams along with additional fixings such as tendering, safety ladders, moorings etc.)
3. Landward alterations/strengthening of existing sheet piled marina walls to accommodate new hoist dock.
4. Moving of existing linkspan landing pontoon to the north and extending pontoon to allow access to the existing marine pontoons.
Copies of the application and associated information may be viewed on line in the Public Register at
Representations in respect of the application should ordinarily be made by:
-Visiting the MMO public register at
https://marinelicensing.marinemanagement.org.uk/mmofox5/fox/live/MMO_PUBLIC_REGISTER/search?area=3 and accessing the 'Public Representation' section of case reference M LA/2021/00037;
However, we will also accept representations via the following formats:
- By email to
; or alternatively
- By letter addressed to Marine Management Organisation, Lancaster House, Hampshire Court, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 7YH
In all cases, correspondence must:
- Be received within 28 days of the date of the first notice (1);
- Quote the case reference; and
- include an address to which correspondence relating to the representation or objection may be sent.
The Marine Management Organisation will pass to the applicant a copy of any objection or representation we receive.