HUNNYHILL PRIMARY SCHOOL, NEWPORT REDUCTION IN AGE RANGENotice ID: IOW2214553
HUNNYHILL PRIMARY SCHOOL, NEWPORT REDUCTION IN AGE RANGE
1. Notice is hereby given, in accordance with Section 19(1) of the Education and Inspections Act 2006, that Isle of Wight Council intends to make a prescribed alteration to HUNNYHILL PRIMARY SCHOOL, Forest Rd, Newport PO30 5SH (category of school - community) with effect from 1st January 2022.
2. The PAN for the school is currently 60. It is proposed that the age range for the school is lowered to enable preschool children aged 3 and 4 year olds to attend. The governing body of the school is seeking to take on the management of the on-site community preschool to deliver 32 preschool places for children aged from 3 years
3. The current capacity of Hunnyhill Primary School is 420 and will be unaffected by the proposal. The current number of pupils registered at the school is 381. The current admission number for the school is 60 and is not affected by the school taking on the preschool which will be a separate capacity of 32 on the implementation of this proposal. There are no costs associated with this proposal.
4. This Notice is an extract from the complete proposal. Copies of the complete proposal may be obtained from Jade Kennett, Strategic Development, County Hall, Newport, IOW, PO30 1UD, telephone: 01983 821000, e-mail:
5. Within four weeks from the date of publication of these proposals, any person may object or make comments on the proposal by sending them to Jade Kennett, Strategic Development, County Hall, Newport, IOW, PO30 1 UD, telephone: 01983 821000, e-mail:
Dated: 28th September 2021
John Metcalfe Chief Executive