CARISBROOKE COLLEGE NEWPORT - CLOSURE OF SIXTH FORMNotice ID: IOW2214530
CARISBROOKE COLLEGE NEWPORT - CLOSURE OF SIXTH FORM
1. Notice is hereby given, in accordance with Section 19(1) of the Education and Inspections Act 2006, that Isle of Wight Council intends to make a prescribed alteration to CARISBROOKE COLLEGE, Mountbatten Drive, Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight, PO30 5QU (category of school - community) by increasing the capacity of the school, with effect from 31st December 2021.
2. The objectives of the proposal are to close the Sixth Form at Carisbrooke College School.
3. The current capacity of Carisbrooke College is 600 places, plus sixth form. This will not affect the overall capacity of mainstream places at the school.
4. No capital funding is required to implement this change.
5. This Notice is an extract from the complete proposal. Copies of the complete proposal may be obtained from Jade Kennett, Strategic Development, County Hall, Newport, IOW, PO30 1UD, telephone: 01983 821000, e-mail:
6. Within four weeks from the date of publication of these proposals, any person may object or make comments on the proposal by sending them to Jade Kennett, Strategic Development, County Hall, Newport, IOW, PO30 1 UD, telephone: 01983 821000, e-mail:
Dated: 28th September 2021
John Metcalfe Chief Executive